Systems and Bench Engineer – £29,000 to £33,000 p/a – London, UK
Start date: ASAP
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Systems and Bench Engineer with a strong background in Communication Systems VHF/UHF conventional, MPT1327 & Digital Communication Systems. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic and leading communications company based in London.
You must have extensive knowledge of Motorola IP based systems, including IP Site Connect, Capacity Plus, Linked Capacity Plus, Trbonet Enterprise, Trbonet Watch and RDAC. You will also have a working knowledge of communal site engineering, cavity and Hybrid TX combining; working knowledge of IP networking including how to set up VPN’s would be advantageous.
The key skills, qualification and experience of a Systems and Bench Engineer:
- At least two years’ experience in RF engineering, with proven working experience in a systems design or development engineering role, preferably in VHF/UHF communications
- Demonstrating capability, or potential of acting as, lead engineer on one or more successful bids/projects from initial enquiry to award or from order to final acceptance
- An analytical thinker with a talent and passion for problem-solving
- Strong organisation and time management skills, able to work swiftly and efficiently in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Degree or NHD qualified, or equivalent experience
Responsibilities will include:
The key responsibilities of a Systems and Bench Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and setting up system profiles for the above-mentioned protocols including code plugs for hand-portables, mobiles, repeaters and installing/configuring Trbonet Enterprise and Trbonet Enterprise Plus
- Component level fault finding of mobile and hand-portable equipment
- Performing field installations where and when necessary
- Ensuring radio equipment sent in for repair is booked in on the Insphire and EARS Database
- Performing system design and custom programming of equipment
- Taking service and installation calls
Alarm, IT or cellular engineers need not apply unless they have specific experience in two-way radio or possibly amateur radio.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Two-Way Radio Field Engineer / Trainee Account Manager (Permanent)
Start date: ASAP
An enthusiastic worker with experience as a Systems & Bench Engineer that may already have experience of maintaining and developing Communication Systems VHF/UHF conventional, MPT1327 & Digital Communication Systems. Someone who is eager to work in a customer facing position and who is looking for a career with prospects for development.
- This position requires an understanding of two-way radio equipment and systems or background in electronic equipment installations.
- Demonstrable capability of acting as leader on one or more successful bids/projects from initial enquiry to award or from order to final acceptance.
- Moderate understanding of component level fault finding of mobile & handportable equipment.
- Moderate understanding of system design and custom programming of equipment.
- Experience in customer facing roles.
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently under pressure.
- Employees in this position may be expected to complete and maintain appropriate levels of certification from Motorola Solutions and or other manufacturers training
- Organized and flexible
- Eager to learn and willing to listen
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to work swiftly & efficiently under occasional pressure
- Experience of meeting and interacting with clients over the phone and in person.
- Experience of quoting and invoicing clients.
- A clean/full UK driving licence
Responsibilities will include:
- Booking in stock to the hire database and accounting software package.
- Taking service and installation calls.
- Packaging goods to be sent out via our courier supplier.
- Stock monitoring and ordering as and when needed, to ensure stock never runs out.
- Installation of mobile radio equipment and related accessories (emergency warning systems, cameras, equipment consoles).
- Installation of fixed station equipment and related accessories.
- Process daily repair orders by troubleshooting, operational diagnosis and repairing electronic equipment, primarily two-way radios and related devices.
- Maintaining system record for company systems and/or customer systems as required.
Salary on application + use of Motorcycle, Private Health Care, Non Contributory Private Pension Scheme, Flexible Working Hours, Canteen and more…
Please send CV’s to: Pero Coetzee Service Director firstname.lastname@example.org, Dee Barrett-Davies Managing Director email@example.com